Monday, February 20, 2017

Health

I wonder how one thinks about their health, especially youngsters. Is it like -

Health is like MONEY. We never have a true idea of its value until we lose it.
- Josh Billings -



Because we're young. Thus, we take things for granted - the unconditional love from our parents, money and health. Most of us didn't realise that our health is important until someone around us or ourselves have health issue, what's worst - a critical / severe one.

Lately I've been thinking regarding this matter. I'm not a healthy kid since young, my lungs are weak. Ever since I started working, I gotten sick at least twice a year, and usually I would get the combo package - cough + flu + sore throat + sometimes even come with fever. When I grown up, it's getting unbearable each time I get sick. It's like I'm getting closer to death (maybe I'm being exaggerating but this is what I feel).

I feel like I'm taking my health for granted. My mom keeps on nagging me - not to drink too much of cold beverages; not to starve myself; not to bath too late; if bath too late, not to wash my hair and bathe with hot water. These are the few nags I would get from her almost everyday. I'm such a disobedient daughter. I know those are not good for my health, but I still do it because I think I'm still young, so I can expend my health like nobody else's business.

The truth is, there are some symptoms started showing that my health is gradually walking the downhill. My sis said she could hear the sound of my bone cracking when I tried to stretch my arms or legs. And I always feel my neck and shoulder part being very stiff and sometimes the ache would hit. The sign of getting old. Hahaha. 

I know I should be more consistent on doing exercise, like swimming, jogging or whatever that could make me sweat and would improve my productivity. I feel sleepy everyday when I'm at work and I think that's because I didn't do exercise on a regular basis. But I'm not motivated to do so and I'm lazy. Lots of excuses. :X

To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.
- Gautama Buddha -



I MUST to do something. Some changes. Or else mid-20s crisis will hit me real hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment