Thursday, February 9, 2017

Stop telling me what to do

Maybe LOVE is not what I'm looking for.
By LOVE here I mean being in a relationship.

Because I don't think I love myself enough to be loved by someone else.

Submissive.
Lack of confidence.
Constantly demanding the feeling of security from everyone else and forgot the fact that that feeling can only be given by myself.

Of course, I'm being reminded from time to time, to hurry up and be in a relationship like everybody else.

Because this is the norm among the peers around my age. 

So now I'm the weird one, being so-called "single".


I hate when this society constantly telling us what to do when we're at what age.
Like we're young, we're supposed to go to school.
Like after we graduated, we're supposed to have a decent job and being in a relationship.
Like after working for few years, and if we're still in the same relationship, we're supposed to get married.
Like after we get married, we're supposed to have kids.
The "guidelines" could go on forever till the day we die.
And when we look back what have we done for our life, we sure as hell have tons of regrets because we didn't live the life we wanted it to be.

Why nobody is being encouraged to be themselves but instead following the society's guidelines?
Those successful ones are probably those who went against the said path.
I'm kinda envy them, as they're brave enough to do what they want. 

I probably just need to strengthen my heart.
I probably just need the courage to take a step forward.
And everything will be entirely different.

Shut out unnecessary advices and for once, LISTEN TO MY HEART.

No comments:

Post a Comment