Monday, June 12, 2017

R e d a n g

Fill your life with adventures, not things.
Have stories to tell, not stuff to show.
- Unknown -



This was an unforgettable trip.

#1
We decided this trip at the eleventh hour and my friend planned everything without further ado.

#2
3 of them were going from Muar and I was the only one taking night bus from KL to Kuala Terengganu and back by flight, alone.

#3
And so I was being rushed after my work on Friday night, to eat, to pack, to be on board to the bus. I almost took the wrong bus, because there were 2 buses from same company stopped at the same gate. I didn't check where was the bus going and then I went straight up to the bus.

#4
Night bus was really killing me. Didn't really get to sleep because I couldn't find the best sleeping position. Even if I found, I would surely being woken up to freezing cold feet, or the feeling of instability when the bus driver was going way too fast. I also had a lot of rubbish thoughts going on my mind. But the night sky was beautiful, the one we could only see when we got away from the city and back to the rural area where the lights were dim or no lights at all.

#5
So to save battery (actually I didn't quite save it, my phone's battery draining fast), I only switched on data whenever I felt there's any incoming messages. Around 5 a.m., only I saw incoming messages from my friends saying that they were delayed! Probably would only reach around 10+ a.m.. Omg! I thought they were coming at the same time with me and would reach only half and hour later. So I arrived MBKT terminal at 5:30 a.m., being alone and starving. Paid to go to the public washroom, brushed my teeth and ate the snacks I bought before boarding bus earlier.

#6
Two Malay ladies were probably going to Redang as well. So I asked her whether they rent a car to jetty or walk. Then they said they're still deciding between Redang or Perhentian Island. When I finally thought they decided to go to the same direction as me, they abandoned me and go with another lady to Merang Jetty instead.

#7
So I walked alone, to the jetty. Thought wanna go earlier, so that I could catch the sunrise. But, the weather forecast gave me a cloudy icon! It even drizzled when I departed!

Met a weird uncle there when I went up to a bridge to take a photo of the sky. Asked a lot of personal details. And when I asked him to recommend what's famous around that area, he gave me one of the kuih - kuih seri muka, he was eating earlier. I couldn't believe I took it and ate it. He even wanted to save my phone number, to make friends. What the hell. #problemofbeingskepticism

Kuih seri muka

#8
Walked around Chinatown and found a kopitiam, simply had a breakfast and continued exploring the mural arts. Unfortunately, I didn't get to explore all due to time constraint and with my super heavy handcarry - wondering why I switched from backpack to handcarry.

Here are some photos I took:-



Happy 520.
I have no idea why people started celebrated this day, by showing off how they love each other on the social media.


As if the locks can lock the love forever.

The sunrise I got to see. 

I like these shots. ❤

This tree made from chair legs.

This is a temple with a big "福" on the wall.

Turtle alley.


#9
Our ferry was originally at 10:30 a.m., so I went ahead to the jetty to redeem our tickets. But they weren't able to make it on time. So I told the agent - Uncle Tan, and he told me that we could be on board for the 3 p.m. ferry.

#10
With hassle of miscommunication, I left my luggage with Uncle Tan and he went back to office and would only be back to the jetty around 2 p.m.. My friend called and she told me agent in Muar had communicated with the resort, saying we would take speed boat at Merang Jetty instead. I was like, what the..? How about my luggage?

...to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment