Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Peculiar

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson -



I always have the urge to show people my worst, to see if they could pass my test and I would welcome them to my world. But I underestimate or rather take things for granted, because things often don't end up in what I expected. You could say that I'm naïve because I still believe the world is good and I believe people would like me despite I show them my worst.

I'm quite the opposite of everyone else. People would want to give the very best impression to someone they barely know but I'm eager to show my worst. I think it is pointless to show people one's good at first and one's bad afterward. Who will stay, would stay; who will leave, eventually they would.

Why spend your time building up your image so that you could get some friends, knowing that some could not take your worst and leave you thereafter? Isn't that a waste of time? By here, I mean when you're making new friends, not when you go for an interview or whatsoever. This world is still a realistic and cruel place which sometimes you would still need to wear your mask, put on your fake professional smile and act like you're an Oscar-winning actor but deep down you hated everything around you.

Enough of my gibberish, it was just something I pondered on. Goodnight! 

Don't compromise yourself - You're all you have. 
- John Grisham - 
Be like this air plant; be yourself and grow uniquely.

No comments:

Post a Comment