Monday, January 23, 2017

Fitting shoes

Finding love is like finding shoes. People prefer party shoes to daily wear, but they always turn out to be happy with the ones they feel comfortable at all times, i.e. daily wear.
- Unknown -


Indeed. Back when I was younger, I wanted shoes that look nice on my feet. Who cares if the shoes would make my feet sore or cause blisters? I would still wear it even if it was killing me. Even though we walk more during school era, we should really deserve a better pair of shoes. But back then, I couldn't afford pricey but comfortable shoes.

In the present, I wouldn't say I've finally got money to buy my own favourite and comfortable shoes. Because I'm still as poor af. But at least, I'll go for shoes that (1) I would feel comfortable when putting them on, and then (2) only would I consider whether they look good on me.

I have been searching for my shoes for ages and it's futile due to my big feet that look like ship. Ugh. I managed to buy but sadly, they're not my favourite. Now they're biting my feet. :( should have gotten the normal size that I usually wear. I compromised by buying one size smaller because they seem to fit when I tried them and because I don't have much time left until CNY. What a foolish decision that I made.

And then, I realised. Actually choosing a pair of shoes is just like choosing someone to be your other half.

#1 Undeniably, most of us are appearance-driven, of course we would look at one's appearance before the conversation can go further down the road. Unless you just want to be friends, because I don't care whether my friends are ugly or pretty, as long as they're good-hearted.

#2 Once you lock your target - like shoes, you'll try fitting your feet into them and walk around to see if you feel comfortable - you would want to know more of that person. The basic would be looking forward to chat with him and getting incoming messages from him and meeting face-to-face whenever time allows. I just can't do all these with some people, even though they might fond of me or whatsoever, I'll end up hated them. Yea, you can just say me being picky.

#3 So far, I wasn't able to progress further. I seem to stuck at #2 before any sparkles can kindle. Maybe the problem is on me, whatever. If I were able to pass #2, I would be wearing the shoes now. Comfortable or not? I'm at the stage of wearing them daily, walking long distance from LRT station to workplace. Trying to adjust my feet in line with the new shoes. Like today, the shoes are causing blister on my feet, and the shoes don't seem to have space for my big toes. So if the shoes don't fit my feet - just like the person I thought is my Mr Right but actually he's not - I'll end up hurting my feet.

Everyone wonders how will I look like when I'm in love/in a relationship, even myself sometimes ponder too. Will I lose myself as I'm trying to become someone else? Will I get along with him? Will we quarrel a lot or will we stay sweet? Too many questions playing around my head. But these are future, I couldn't foresee it. Just let it be. :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment