Saturday, January 28, 2017

Goblin

날이 좋아서,
날이 좋지 않아서,
날이 적당해서.
모든 날이 좋았다

- 김신 -


No automatic alt text available.

It had came to an end - Kim Eun Sook's writer's piece of master art. In a slow pace, but a good wrapped up. A very good story to ponder upon life.

I always like such topics - supernatural genre. About previous lives, about reincarnation, about God, about death, about how everything works after we died. This drama put in a lot of scenes, whereby people come and leave. Those scenes are Grim Reaper's workplace, where he served many cups of tea to the deceased souls, tell them to drink it and leave the memories behind before they pass on. It was meaningful.

Grim Reapers are the being that are in between the living and the death. Whoever had became Grim Reaper are those who committed a huge sin in their previous lives, i.e. you took your own life. Been hearing that a lot, that killing yourself can actually bring you to hell but any other places you would like to be.

Now I would like to think - whenever it rains, it means Goblin is sad; or whenever miracle befallen, it's gonna be Goblin's doing. The Goblin in this drama said - some people had miracle once and will work very hard to live their lives to the fullest as appreciation; while there are some who keep wishing for more miracles to befall on them, ended up living a life of blaming game.What a greed of human.

“My sister, my friend and my bride have all left. And as always, I’m left all alone” 
-Kim Shin-


Image may contain: 2 people

But it makes me feel sad to think that after living a life of nearly 1000 years as a punishment, Goblin still continues to live and sees everyone around him to pass on. After Ji Eun Tak, his bride died in her first life, followed by his good friend, Grim Reaper & his reincarnated sister, Sunny, he spent time waiting and waiting for his bride to come to him this time, in her second life. Sometimes, no matter how much you want for things to happen, ALL you can do is wait. And usually, waiting is the hardest part.

“Every human dies at some point, that’s why life is even more beautiful…
The first thought I had once I got my memory back was to live each day as if it were my last.
If today is my last day, this will be my final memory of the person I love so I’d better live hard and love” 

-Ji Eun Tak-


There are too many quotes in this drama I'm deeply in love with because they're too well-written. I actually hoping one day I would write something like Kim Eun Sook writer. I like how she connected everyone in the drama and bring this whole drama a great success. Every casting, no matter the main leads or supporting roles, they all did a very good job too. And the chemistry of the 4 main leads. 

Image may contain: 1 person
Quebec, Canada is such a nice place.
Would definitely visit this place one day :)

Every scene in the drama seems like poster to me. 
Ohh, and their OST, I almost playing them everyday. *Too obsess*
Picture credit: Dokebi TVN facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment