Thursday, April 28, 2016

Take for granted

I think I tend to take things for granted, but well, who doesn't?

My phone beeps all the time, and when it doesn't, I'll start to over think - did I say something offensive? Why there is no reply? I'm well understand that no one is obliged to reply my message, on time. In fact, I should appreciate when friends take an effort to reply.

I consider myself as a very very lucky person. I have a mom that would take care of my daily breakfast without me having to scratch my head thinking what to eat. Sometimes as a bonus, I get to bring part of my breakfast for my lunch. That save money and brain juice, thinking where and what to eat. My colleagues would 'ooh' and 'aah' when they saw me bring lunchbox.

I can't imagine one day if I were to work and stay other places besides my house. I would probably miss my breakfast. Even with my alarm, I would still be late to work. I'm ashamed to say, but every time I snooze my alarm, my parents are the one who wake me up to stop me from being late to work.

So in order not to be taking everything for granted, I'd tried to complete every house chore that is being assigned to me. But of course, I do it grudgingly. I feel bad. Yes, I earn some money, but it doesn't enough to support my family. I know besides money I can do other things to help my parents out, but most of the time I rather slacking. With working and studying ongoing simultaneously, it's really hard to juggle my time. Friends gathering, wedding, events... Why there is only 24h per day? I doubt if it would help if a day is more than 24h.

Ohh, and, when comes to gathering, I expect people to remember me. I mean asking me to join. What am I? A queen? Gosh. When they didn't, purposely or maybe they really forgot about me, then I would get fed up. When they realised and asked if I could join, the chances of me not joining are pretty high.


p/s: these are just a few things that I took for granted. I would try to express my gratitude before going to that take-for-granted extent. 'Live life like there's no tomorrow'. Don't wait until it's too late to do anything. It's now OR never.

No comments:

Post a Comment